Pastoral Care’s purpose is to witness to the love of Christ and the extension of His Kingdom by trying to help with the material well-being of the St Stephen’s family. We in the Pastoral Care Ministry endeavour to put into practice our vision for God’s work in our church.
- VISITING / SOCIALS - Visiting and socials mainly for Seniors, but any age group may be included. Flowers from Sunday services are distributed to share our love.
- MEDICAL EQUIPMENT - Items such as crutches, splints, loo seat raisers, wheelchairs, and many such pieces of equipment are available for short-term loan.
- HARD-TIME HELP - Groceries or vouchers and sometimes meals are distributed to those experiencing hard times. Assistance could include suggestions for help with budgeting, legal advice, study matters and much more.
- COLLECTING AND DISTRIBUTING - Stationery, books, Bibles, jam-type spreads, children’s clothes, household items etc are collected and distributed to church affiliated groups or members of the congregation with special needs.
- GRIEFSHARE - Courses are run to help folk to journey through the loss of a loved one
- FUNDING - This ministry is self-funded through functions like the selling of pancakes, potjiekos lunches etc, as well as through the generosity of members of the congregation who feel led to make donations or sponsor a particular project. We have been so blessed.
We thank God for those who pray and support us so that we are able to assist where necessary.
Help us to be a more caring and involved church family - let us know of any needs. (ALL INFO KEPT VERY CONFIDENTIAL)
The committee members are:
Doreen van den Berg, Jenny Lones, Etienne Malan, Christine Dimbleby, Clive Biggs, Elizabeth Came, Marvia Rossouw, Niel Rossouw
Speak to any of the team or contact us at email