2. Do I need to get baptised?The Bible commands baptism as a sign of your commitment to Christ.
1. Should I attend marriage prep?Yes absolutely. We counsel couples to invest more in their marriage than in their wedding. Contact us for details of counselling.
2. How much will it cost to get married?
All costs are as per the attached schedule. Click here to download the schedule.
3. We are living together will you marry us?Living together has long term consequences for a couple. You need to understand these and be prepared for them. We always desire for couples to commit themselves in permanent lifelong relationship. Contact us to chat further.
4. We aren’t Christians will you marry us?The Bible allows Christian men and women to marry; and Non-Christian men and women to marry. We will not marry a Christian and a Non-Christian; or same sex couples.
Contact the church office immediately on 021 683 4945 and we will guide you through this time of grief.
Confirmation is the confirming of the baptismal promises made by your parent/s on your behalf. You confirm those promises by taking them for yourself. You were baptized as a child in the understanding that you would be brought up as a faithful follower of Jesus Christ, and in the expectation that when you were of age you would take upon yourself the faith your parent/s expressed. If you haven’t been baptized as a child, please speak to me so that we can arrange this. The confirmation ceremony is the public declaration that you understand what Christianity is all about, that you believe it and have decided to follow Jesus as the King of your life and as your Saviour. There is nothing supernatural about the ceremony. It doesn’t make you into a Christian, or get you into heaven. The ceremony is about Christian young people telling their church that they have decided to be followers of Jesus Christ. By being confirmed, you are doing 3 things:
1. telling everyone that you take responsibility for your faith i.e. telling everyone that you are a follower of Jesus, a Christian
2. calling on other Christians of this local church to pray for you and encourage you to live a true Christian life
3. learning more of the basic details of Christianity